Safety Notice: Muzzleloader 10ML-IIAs the new hunting season approaches, Savage Arms would like to remind 10ML-II muzzleloader owners to carefully follow the safe loading procedures as recommended in the manual. When loaded incorrectly, the barrel can become catastrophically damaged, creating the potential for serious injury. To avoid injury:
1. Always ensure the barrel is empty before loading.
- Insert your factory 10ML-II ramrod into the barrel until it rests on the breech plug. The end of the ramrod should be flush with the muzzle. If any part extends beyond the end of the barrel, DO NOT LOAD. Disassemble the muzzleloader and unload or clear the obstruction.
- Always remove the primer, powder, and bullet before storing.
- A replacement manual with load data can be found at http://www.savagearms.com/en/manuals.
- Never deviate from the load recommendations, including without limitation by using different powders, sabots, bullets, or more or less powder.
- Measure smokeless powder charges by weight, not volume.
- Improper use or storage can result in bulges, cracks, or corrosion that causes the bullet to slip during loading. Use in this condition can result in a catastrophic failure.
- Space between the powder and projectile will decrease accuracy and can increase pressures.