Savage Expands Legendary A Series with New Pro Varmint Lineup
December 20, 2018
- Savage’s semi-automatic A Series has proven itself for reliability and accuracy. Now hunters have even more effective options with the new A Series Pro Varmint line. Shipments of these firearms have been delivered to dealers.
The rifle’s Boyds Pro Varmint stock provides superior ergonomics and an extremely stable platform for the 21-inch fluted heavy barrel. A one-piece Picatinny rail and user-adjustable AccuTrigger allow hunters to tailor the rifle to their exact needs, and the 10-round rotary magazine offers fast cycling.
The 17 HMR and 22 WMR versions feature Savage’s exclusive delayed-blowback action for safe and consistent function, while the 22 LR uses a straight blowback system.
Features & Benefits
• Boyds Pro Varmint black stock
• One-piece Picatinny rail
• 22-inch heavy carbon steel barrel with straight fluting
• Exclusive delayed-blowback semi-automatic action for 17 HMR and 22 WMR
• Straight-blowback system in 22 LR
• User-adjustable AccuTrigger
• 10-round rotary magazine
• Threaded barrel with end cap (22 LR only)
Part No. / Description / MSRP
47223 / 17 HMR, 22-inch barrel / $654
47222 / 22 WMR, 22-inch barrel / $654
47217 / 22 LR, 22-inch barrel / $499