Statement of Limited warranty
Please complete the Online Warranty Registration or the Warranty Registration Card and return it to Savage Arms, Inc. within ten (10) days from the date of purchase.
Who is covered?
The original owner (with proof of purchase).
How long is the warranty period?
One (1) year from the date of purchase.
What is covered?
Any defect in materials or workmanship (performed by Savage Arms) encountered during normal use.
What is NOT covered?
Personal injury, property damage, and/or damage to the firearm caused by:
- Improper maintenance or negligence to provide proper care and maintenance.
- Alterations/modifications performed without the written authorization of Savage Arms, Inc. Service Department.
- Normal wear; tear; and/or corrosion.
- Accidental discharge, careless handling, and/or misuse.
- Barrel obstructions.
Exclusions and limitations:
This warranty and the remedies set forth herein are exclusive and take the place of all other expressed or implied WARRANTIES (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose which are disclaimed). No other representations or claims of any nature shall be binding on or obligate Savage Arms, Inc.
Savage Arms, Inc. excludes any incidental and consequential damages under this warranty. Some states do not allow exclusions or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights, which will vary from state to state.
Returning a firearm:
For warranty claims, proof of purchase must accompany the firearm.
It is a violation of Federal Law to ship a firearm with live ammunition either in the box or in the firearm itself. If received, The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms must be notified!
Savage Arms, Inc, is not responsible for the loss or damage to any accessories shipped with the firearm.
If there is a question whether the firearm should be returned or parts could be purchased, please call 1-413-568-7001 between 9:00 am and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time and ask for the Service/warranty Department.
All firearms are to be sent to Savage Arms, Inc. at the owner's expense. warranty repairs will be returned to the owner at Savage Arms' expense.
- Pack the firearm in its original box if possible. If a similar suitable box is used, care should be taken to protect the barrel/muzzle from breaking through. Always pack with the assumption that the firearm will undergo rough handling during transit to Savage Arms.
- Enclose a brief note including:
- name, address and phone number of the sender
- serial number of the firearm
- description of the problem you are having
- bullet weight, bullet type, and manufacturer of the ammunition you are using
- any other information which you feel may be helpful.
- Return to:
Savage Arms, Inc.
100 Springdale Road
Westfield, MA 01085
Attn: Service Department
If there will be a charge involved for the repair, a quote will be sent within fourteen (14) working days.
If there is no response from the quote within thirty (30) days, the firearm will be returned COD ($20.00 Shipping/Handling).
Firearms will be repaired typically 3 weeks after receipt of payment in the order they were received.
Online Warranty Registration
Warranty and Repair Information